Saliva Collection Instructions
IMPORTANT! Please do not eat, drink, smoke, chew tobacco, chew gum, brush teeth, or use mouthwash 30 minutes prior to collecting your sample.
Go to usbiotek.com/login to register your kit and create an account. Test kit registration needs to be done at the time of saliva sample collection. Enter your test registration ID number, found under the bar code on the bottom of your test kit.
- At least 30 minutes before saliva collection, rinse mouth with water by swishing water for 10 seconds.
- Pool saliva in mouth before filling the collection tube with saliva (not bubbles). It typically takes 2-5 min to generate a quality sample.
- Fill the tube with saliva up to the black wavy line. Do NOT overfill.
- Remove the funnel and replace it with the fluid cap (blue liquid).
- Screw the enclosed cap on tightly to release the preservative solution. If the saliva you collected has not turned blue, continue screwing the cap down firmly until the fluid releases.
- Shake the tube for at least five seconds.
- Place the collection tube in the labeled transport Biohazard Bag. Note: Leakage of transport fluid can
invalidate results! Make sure that the transport collection tube is sealed tightly to prevent leakage.
- Place the Biohazard Bag with all contents into the crush-proof box.
- Place the crush-proof box into the FedEx 3373 Pak and seal securely.
- Attach the FedEx Express return shipping label to FedEx 3373 Pak.
- Bring to FedEx drop-off location.
To ensure prompt delivery of your collection to the lab, we recommend you obtain and keep a FedEx tracking number when you drop off your collection kit.