Clinical Laboratory Technician I
We are seeking a full-time onsite Clinical Laboratory Technician I to join our dedicated team. This role will work in our Immunology, Chemistry and Molecular Testing team, reporting to our General/Technical Supervisor.
The Clinical Laboratory Tech will be responsible for testing medically relevant biological samples through manual and high throughput automated assays. This role will work in a highly complex, fast-paced, high production setting to process clinical samples to provide test results to medical practitioners and patients. High attention to detail and clinical mindedness are crucial to success in this role.
This role will also be responsible for sample preparation and testing on Sexually Transmitted Infections (STI) using both automated and manual testing with the overall goal of providing results used for the diagnosis and management of diseases.
This position is required to be supervised by the General Supervisor at all times during the initial 3-month period or until competent when handling patient samples testing in compliance with applicable laws and regulations.
- Evaluates specimen integrity and notifies appropriate personnel of unacceptable specimens in accordance with departmental procedure.
- Possesses general clinical laboratory skills such as: pipetting, basic understanding of QA/QC activities, utilization of standard protocols, ability to critically think and troubleshoot, and proper specimen handling.
- Keeps accurate and detailed records for all workflows, preventive maintenance, quality control procedures following good documentation practices.
- Records nonconformances for all appropriate errors.
- Independently performs work without undue reliance on others and assists co-workers as time permits.
- Prioritizes and organizes workflow meeting productivity goals and established deadlines of the department.
- Performs routine and complex technical procedures and functions according to SOPs and regulatory requirements (CLIA and CAP).
- Prepare, test and evaluate new reagents or controls.
- Monitor, operate and troubleshoot instrumentation to ensure proper functionality.
- Demonstrates the ability to make technical decisions regarding testing and problem solving in accordance with laboratory policies and procedures; and provide relevant information to Supervisor to assist with troubleshooting assay or instrument issues leading to appropriate corrective actions.
- Reports accurate and timely test results in order to deliver quality patient care.
- Identify and replenish testing bench supplies as necessary while assuring effective use of supplies.
- Assists in the development, evaluation, and implementation of new procedures and protocols.
- Attend and participate in lab meetings and in-service education programs.
- Bachelor's degree in Biology, Chemistry, Medical Technology or a related science
- Previous experience not required. Training will be provided - must pass competency assessment to perform patient testing independently.
- Possess strong organizational and time management skills; ability to prioritize in a fast-paced environment.
- Experience with LC/MS/MS, RNA extraction, and real-time qPCR a plus; however, not required.
- Proficient with computers; Familiarity with laboratory information systems a plus.
- Flexibility to work overtime, weekends, on-call, or other shifts depending on business needs.
- Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs.
- Fine motor skills, including ability to use hand tools requiring fine motor skills.
- Visual acuity and ability to see and pipet 96/384 well micro-titer plates.
- Must have the ability to distinguish colors and perceive relative distances between objects.
- Job involves working in a laboratory handling human biological specimens.
- All employees are provided with the proper PPE including face shields and masks, lab coats, and gloves. We strictly enforce the use of PPE at all times. We pride ourselves on the safety measures taken within our facility to protect our employees who are dedicating their time to delivering quality patient care.
- Monday to Friday, 10:00 am to 6:30 pm - during initial 3-month training
- Monday to Friday, 12:00 pm to 8:30 pm or 10:00 am to 6:30 pm - after training
Comprehensive Benefits Package: Medical, Voluntary Dental, Vision, HSA, Life and AD&D Insurance, EAP, 401k with employer match, 10 Paid Vacation Days, Sick Leave, 7 Paid Holidays, Floating Holiday
Pay Range: $20.00 - $22.00 per hour
Apply to: email@example.com