US BioTek is a growing laboratory in Shoreline with a wonderful group of employees. We are seeking a candidate to work in our clinical testing facility to join our team as a full-time Specimen Processor!
We are looking for a detail-oriented candidate with the ability to problem-solve and work independently, as well as part of a team.
Duties & responsibilities include, but not limited to:
- Perform laboratory specimen processing consisting of receiving, identifying, assigning accession numbers, sorting, preparation and internal laboratory distributing of blood and urine specimens;
- Verify accuracy of client and specimen details;
- Examine specimens for adequacy and appropriateness. Identify and resolve problems with specimen types, missing information, etc;
- Entry of laboratory-specific requests on time and in compliance with Standard Operating Procedures;
- Follow up on activities in the Lab Information System;
- Work with clients to obtain clarification for specimen and label requisition errors to ensure timely patient care and support;
- Effectively respond via phones calls regarding client’s inquires and specimen issues (specimen requirements, test procedures and analysis, and timing);
- Assist in building on existing customer base by providing the highest level of customer service and support;
- Comply with applicable laws and regulations (Clinical Laboratory Improvement Amendment and Occupational Safety Health Administration), and all company procedures and policies;
- 6 months+ data entry experience.
- Able to work independently and organize work to meet established deadlines.
- Able to handle biological materials.
- Able to sit and use the computer for an extended period of time.
- Able to perform a variety of duties (multi-task) with a high emphasis on teamwork, detail, and sense of-urgency.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Regular and predictable attendance.
- One year of lab-related experience
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook
Shift: 8-hour rotational schedule between the hours of 8 am and 8 pm
About Us: Our tests have helped thousands of people around the world to a better health with no use of medicine. Our clients are Naturopaths, Medical Doctors, Nurse Practitioners and other health professionals who will provide their patients with guidance based on our test results. US BioTek has been a well-run, solid and profitable business for 20+ years and we are now ready to take this a step further and are implementing an aggressive growth strategy.
Comprehensive Benefits Package: Medical, Voluntary Dental, Vision, HSA, Life and AD&D Insurance, EAP, 401k with employer match, 10 Paid Vacation Days, Sick Leave, 7 Paid Holidays, Floating Holiday
Pay Range: $16.50 - $21.00 per hour
Apply to: firstname.lastname@example.org