Sample Processing and Data Entry Technician
We are a growing laboratory in Shoreline, Washington with a wonderful group of employees and are seeking a candidate to join our team in our clinical testing facility as a Full-Time Sample Processing and Data Entry Technician! Our tests have helped thousands of people around the world achieve better health naturally. Our clients are Naturopaths, Medical Doctors, Nurse Practitioners and other health professionals who provide their patients with guidance based results from our tests. US Biotek has been a well-run and profitable business for 20+ years and we are taking the next step by implementing an aggressive growth strategy.
We are looking for a detail-oriented candidate who possess strong communication and organizational skills, with the ability to problem-solve and work independently as well as part of a team.
Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Perform laboratory specimen processing consisting of receiving, identifying, assigning accession numbers, sorting, preparation, and internal laboratory distributing of blood and urine specimens in a prompt manner
- Verify accuracy of client and specimen details
- Examine specimens for adequacy and appropriateness. Identify problems with specimen types, missing information, etc. and resolve them
- Entry of laboratory-specific requests on time and in compliance with Standard Operating Procedures
- Follow up on activities in the Lab Information System
- Work with clients to obtain clarification for specimen and label requisition errors to ensure timely patient care and support
- Effectively respond via phones calls regarding client’s inquires and specimen issues (i.e. specimen requirements, test procedures and analysis, and timing)
- Assist in building on existing customer base by providing the highest level of customer service and support
- Comply with applicable laws and regulations (Clinical Laboratory Improvement Amendment and Occupational Safety Health Administration), and all company procedures and policies
- Able to work independently and organize work to meet established deadlines, and work with a team environment
- Able to handle biological materials
- Able to sit and use the computer on a daily basis for an extended period of time
- Goal oriented mindset, committed to a high standard of integrity and work ethics
- Able to perform a variety of duties (multi-task) with a high emphasis on teamwork, detail, and sense of-urgency.
- Maintain a clean and safe work environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills with ability to problem solve
- Regular and predictable attendance
- Preferred Associates collection degree
- One year of lab-related experience
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook
Job Type: Full-Time
Shift: 10:00am – 6:30pm
Health and dental benefits
Paid vacation, holidays and sick days
Apply now by emailing your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.