Headquartered in Shoreline, WA, US BioTek Laboratories is a high complexity Clinical Laboratory that provides a variety of allergy and food sensitivity tests. Our tests have helped thousands of people around the world to better health with no use of medicine. Our clients are Naturopaths, Medical Doctors, Nurse Practitioners and other health professionals who will provide their patients with guidance based on our test results. US BioTek has been a well-run, solid and profitable business for 20+ years and we are now ready to take this a step further and are implementing an aggressive growth strategy.
We are seeking a Laboratory Technician in the Immunology department. The Laboratory Technician is responsible for:
- Perform high complexity clinical immunoassays (ELISA, CIA) according to written SOPs.
- Perform antigen source material extraction procedures and qualification testing.
- Follow laboratory’s procedures for specimen handling and processing, test analyses, reporting, and maintaining records of patient results.
- Adhere to the laboratory’s quality control policies and documenting all QC activities, instrument and procedural calibrations, and instrument maintenance.
- Be able to identify problems that may adversely affect test performance or reporting of test results and either correct the problem or notify laboratory supervisor.
- Review and evaluate laboratory procedures for operating functions of laboratory and make suggestions to improve laboratory efficiency.
- Perform analytic, pre and post analytic functions to attain departmental goals and ensure stable conformance.
- Monitor and maintain quality of laboratory operations in compliance with accreditation standards (CLIA, COLA), safety and environmental regulations (OSHA), and other applicable requirements.
- Resolve technical problems and ensure corrective actions are taken whenever test systems deviate from the laboratory’s established performance specifications.
- Responsible for laboratory inventory, and report needed supplies to laboratory supervisor.
- Understand and follow written procedures and verbal instructions.
- Excellent attention to detail and ability to collect and analyze data using graphs, tables, charts, and mathematical calculations.
- Basic computer knowledge including MS Excel and Word.
- Ability to communicate effectively at all levels within the laboratory and work well across lab areas.
- Ability to work with frequent interruptions and fluctuations in workload.
- Ability to handle multiple priorities and manage stress appropriately.
- Ability to work as a Team and independently with minimal supervision.
- Bachelor's degree (baccalaureate) in life sciences, clinical laboratory science, or equivalent major.
- Testing competency will be evaluated on an ongoing basis (evaluated 2x during the first year and annually after).
Job Type: Full-Time
Health and dental benefits
Paid vacation, holidays and sick days
Apply now by emailing your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.