COVID-19 Antibody Test Collection Instructions
Test kit contents, COVID-19 Antibody Test collection kit:
- 1 10-ml Serum Transfer Tube
- 1 Protective Cardboard Box
- 1 Test Requisition Form
- 1 Biohazard Bag
- 1 USPS Priority Mail Small Flat Rate Box (AK, HI, PR, WA USA only)
- 1 FedEx Express Clinical Pak & Billable Stamp (all other locations)
- Clearly print Patient Name (First & Last), Date of Birth & Specimen Collection Date on the SST.
- Draw the blood utilizing the SST provided.
- Gently invert the tube 4-5 times and allow blood to clot at room temperature for 30 minutes.
- Centrifuge at 1500-2000 RPM for 15 minutes.
- Place the SST into the biohazard bag.
- Put the completed requisition form in the outside pocket of the biohazard bag
- Place the biohazard bag with all contents into the crushproof cardboard box.
- Put the crush-proof cardboard box into the FedEx Express Clinical Pak. Seal securely.
- Put the Crush-Proof Cardboard Box into the USPS Priority Mail Small Flat Rate Box. Seal securely.
Diet & Medications
Immunosuppressive drugs such as oral or intranasal corticosteroids (e.g. prednisone, beclomethasone, fluticasone, triamcinolone) and topical cortisone suspensions and creams, in addition to immunomodulating drugs, may affect test results for antibody assessment.
US BioTek Laboratories is NOT a Medicare or Medicaid provider. Our test procedures are not reimbursable by either.
- Clearly print Patient Name (First & Last), Date of Birth & Specimen Collection Date on Serum Transfer Tube and Test Requisition Form.
- Test Requisition Form must also include:
- Specimen Storage
- Requested Test
- Payment Information.
- Missing or incomplete test requisition information will delay processing and extend turn-around time.
- WA, HI, AK, and PR USA Clients: mail specimen via U.S. Postal Service with the prepaid shipper provided. More immediate delivery is at the cost of the practitioner.
- All other US States, mail specimens via FedEx with the provided shipper. Do not initiate or request Saturday pickup or delivery from FedEx. Additional shipping charges will be incurred.
- For clients outside the USA & Canada: prepaid shipping does not apply. The client is responsible for the shipping cost
- For tracking purposes, keep a copy of your tracking number.
- The specimen may be safely shipped at ambient temperature.
Avoid specimen rejection: Label Serum Transfer Tube with Patient Full Name,
Date of Birth AND Specimen Collection Date. A specimen tube missing this information will be rejected.
Patient Name on Serum Transfer Tube must exactly match Patient Name on Test
Requisition Form. Do not use nicknames or abbreviations. For IgE Inhalant Panel, patient's zip code is required.